Saturday, February 19, 2005

What Causes Birth Defects?

According to the March of Dimes: Both genetic and environmental factors can cause birth defects. However, the causes of about 60 to 70 percent of birth defects currently are unknown.

According to Exodus 4:11: Then the Lord said to him [Moses], "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind?"

According to Psalm 139:13-16: For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

According to John 9:1-3: As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

And these are just a few reasons why we can rejoice in suffering!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home