Thursday, February 10, 2005

True Thighs

Actress Jamie Lee Curtis recently posed for a photograph with no make up, no special lighting, no airbrush. What a relief to us ordinary folks...Hollywood actresses are just ordinary folk too! The article below first appeared in USA Today (written by Ann Oldenbburg).

Jamie Lee Curtis is posing for More magazine in a sports bra and tight spandex briefs that reveal what she looks like when she's not glammed up as a movie star. For one photo, Curtis spent three hours prepping with a team of 13 people making sure she looked just right.

Curtis then asked photographer Andrew Eccles to shoot with her no makeup, no manicure, no professionally done hair, no diamond jewelry or high fashion outfit, in unforgiving light with a full-body straight-on shot.

She says she doesn't have a perfect body.

"I don't have great thighs," she tells More. "I have very big breasts and a soft, fatty little tummy. And I've got back fat. People assume I'm walking around in little spaghetti-strap dresses. It's the insidious Glam Jamie Jamie, the Perfect Jamie, the great figure, blah, blah, blah. And I don't want the unsuspecting 40-year-old women of the world to think that I've got it going on. It's such a fraud. And I'm the one perpetuating it."

Curtis is promoting her fifth children's book, I'm Gonna Like Me: Letting Off a Little Self-Esteem. It hits bookstores this month, and its message is what prompted Curtis to pose in her unflattering undies.

"In the recovery program I'm in for addiction problems, they talk about peeling an onion, exposing more layers," she says. The myth of the perfect Jamie is something she "actively participated in and, by the way, profited from. Now, I'm sitting here on my high hill, debunking the very foundation that I sit on. Don't think I'm not afraid of it. I'm not financially independent enough that I don't rely on outside income still."

She admits she has gone under the knife to improve her looks. "I've had a little plastic surgery. I've had a little lipo. I've had a little Botox. And you know what? None of it works. None of it."
So now, she's on a mission, she says in the September issue of More, which hits newsstands next week.

"I want to do my part, as I develop the consciousness for it, to stop perpetuating the myth. I'm going to look the way God intends me to look ... with a little help from Manolo Blahnik."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home