Sunday, January 23, 2005

Hypertelorism

I have included some links at the end of this post to a couple of websites that explain the birth defect that I was born with.

I don't really like the phrase "birth defect" - it contradicts my theology. A "defect" infers a mistake and I believe that God is sovereign. If he had the power to create the entire universe according to his exact specifications, then my face was certainly no challenge for him!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:14-16

http://www.erlanger.org/craniofacial/book/Orbital/Orbital_2.htm

http://www.craniofacial.net/before_after/craniofacial_before_after/hypertelorism.asp

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi31 said...

Hello VeeJay. Your story is such an inspirational message. From your mention of a Bible scripture I take it that you go to church ?I also noticed in your profile you are from Minneapolis, MN. What do you enjoy doing for hobbys or fun ?Do you have a picture of yourself ? Please don't be offended by my questions. I would understand if you would be hesitant about posting a picture of yourself. I have never liked my pictures being taken or being on video.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home