Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Dove's Campaign for Real Beauty

Log onto one of Dove soap's newest websites and you will read this opening promo:

For too long
Beauty has been defined by narrow, stifling stereotypes.
You've told us it's time to change all that.
We agree.
Because we believe real beauty comes in many shapes, sizes, and ages.
It is why we stared the campagin for Real Beauty.
And why we hope you'll take part.

The website includes trailers for recent TV commercials, adolescent self-esteem writing contests, a photo gallery, t-shirts, news alerts, and other various ways to get involved in the campaign.

While I have no idea, apart from Christ, how a soap company expects to single-handedly break century-old cultural definitions, I at least applaud their efforts to swim against the raging media tide.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Noel said...

from Talitha

Huh...
what...
I do not know how a soap company knows they can make us women pretty or whatever they were advertising for?!?!?!
we just like dove b/c of their soap!!

wonderingly,
your friend,
Talihtha

PS.I miss you.
did you move out of DG yet?
we will miss you and miss seeing you at DG.
where are you moving?
who will be my lunch companian when I am at home in minneapolis when my mom and dad go out???

2:00 PM  
Blogger Vicki Joy Anderson said...

Talitha,

Ironic that so much of low self-esteem has to do with self-centeredness and self-pity...we need more than soap to clean that up!

I miss you (and your parents) too! I had lunch with Abraham today. A bunch of us went out because Jason and Darcie are in town!

I am moving next Friday. I'll be moving to Northern California. Maybe I'll get to see your family (at least your dad) if he is ever up speaking in the area, or Seattle even.

You will have to talk him into doing a regional conference in N. CA and telling him that you and your mom have to go too! :-)

Vicki

3:01 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

from Talitha

I will try to talk him into doing a con.
up where you are.
I would love it if he did a con close to you and would be totally wanting to go!!
cool that Jason and Darcie are in town,did they bring their kiddos?
you are so right.

TRP

9:31 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

from Talitha

I tried.
but,maybe when we get home he will have a idea for a con where you are now.
seriously,what am I going to do about a lunch companion who really understands what I like to talk about and what good movies and Christmas and all that.yaknow?
yes you do.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home